Education, Outreach, and Training Resources
- PTI's EOT Mission
- Upcoming events
- Resources for IU faculty, students, and staff
- Resources for K-12 educators
Call for Papers & Workshops (due 4/19): The 2014 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing
Sat, 04/19/2014 (All day)
The 2014 World Congress in CS, CE, and Applied Computing
You are invited to submit a paper for consideration. All accepted papers will be published in printed conference books/proceedings (ISBN) and will also be made available online.
Call for Vis Showcase, BoFs, Posters (due 4/21): XSEDE14 - eXtreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment Conference
Mon, 04/21/2014 (All day)
· March 15: The following are due: tutorial proposals, abstract-only and paper submissions for the four tracks: Accelerating Discovery in Scholarly Research, Hardware and Systems Software, Software and Software Environments, and Education, Outreach, and Training.
· April 14: Conference early registration opens.
· April 21: Visualization Showcase abstracts, BOF proposals and Poster abstracts, including student poster abstracts, submissions due. Student travel grant applications due.
Submissions are sought for the following four tracks as well as on broader topics that span these areas.
PACE Data Mining Boot Camp 1
Wed, 04/23/2014 (All day) - Thu, 04/24/2014 (All day)
San Diego Supercomputer Center, University of California, San Diego
Visit the bootcamp website for more information: http://pace.sdsc.edu//sites/pace.sdsc.edu/bootcamp/201404/index.html
DL: The Library User Experience: Why it matters and how it can be improved
Wed, 04/23/2014 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Mark Notess, Head, User Experience and Digital Media Services, User Experience and Digital Media Services
Call for Papers (due 4/24): 2014 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster 2014)
Thu, 04/24/2014 (All day)
Resources for IU faculty, students, and staff
High Performance Computing Systems for IU Researchers: An Introduction
This hands-on course covers the basics of using IU's supercomputing systems from logging in to job creation and submission.
UITS Research Technologies Overview & Fair
Representatives from the Big Red and Quarry Supercomputers, Research Storage, the Research Database Complex, High Performance Applications, Science Community Tools, and High Performance Filesystems gave an overview of the services available from Research Technologies in support of research at Indiana University.
Resources for K-12 educators
The Indiana University Pervasive Technology Institute has engaged for several years in K-12 Education, Outreach and Training (EOT) events related to technology in general and computing in particular. Through the resources linked here, we hope to assist educators in adding these types of workships to their own curriculum.
- Lego MindStorm® Workshops (RobotCamp)
- Fiber Optics and Laser Light
- Networking and Computing Concepts (No Guts, No Glory)
Additional Materials and Resources
- Conducting K-12 Outreach to Evoke Early Interest in IT, Science, and Advanced Technology - Full Paper from XSEDE12
- Teaching Materials: Teaching Advanced Computing Concepts to K-12 Students (All Slides)
- Minority Engineering Advancement Program (MEAP) - Purdue University - (http://www.engr.iupui.edu/meap/)