Education, Outreach, and Training (EOT)
- Upcoming events
- EOT Videos
- Resources for IU faculty, students, and staff
- Resources for K-12 educators
Pervasive Technology Institute (PTI) at Indiana University works collaboratively to provide education, outreach and training (EOT) related to advanced technology and high performance computing in order to help our users and partners achieve maximum benefit from IU’s technology services and resources, while striving to reach new, underserved and diverse user communities. PTI also works to educate the Indiana University community, K-12 students and teachers, residents of the state of Indiana, and the general public about technology issues that may improve their quality of education and quality of life.
PTI offers and participates in:
Education programs for k-12 students and teachers, as well as for undergraduate and graduate students, and their professors - specifically for use in classroom instruction, or to complement classroom instruction.
Outreach programs for diverse communities within IU and the general public, in order to increase awareness about IU technology resources, services and activities, and to provide general technology awareness and education.
Training programs for the scientific and research communities that teach specific technical skills related to cyberinfrastructure.
EOT efforts developed by PTI serve a diverse community that includes:
- users of IU’s research technology services and infrastructure, including both academic and industry partners
- colleagues in the areas of research, high performance computing, and computer science
- the public, including the general public and the non-IT education community
- governmental and IT leaders and policymakers
Resources for IU faculty, students, and staff
- Overview (pdf document)
- A detailed list of all RT services, systems, and training is available at http://researchtech.iu.edu. On IU Mobile and at http://one.iu.edu under the Research category (or by searching for a particular item) you can find services from all PTI centers.
- Contact Research Technologies to request a workshop, seminar, or panel discussion for your department, school, or class on any or all of the services listed in the overview.
Resources for K-12 educators
The Indiana University Pervasive Technology Institute has engaged in K-12 Education, Outreach and Training (EOT) events related to technology in general and computing in particular for over a decade. PTI and particularly Research Technologies hosts Ready, Set, Robots! and participates in activities at Conner Prairie (Curiosity Fair), Celebrate Science Indiana, WonderLab, Monroe County Public Library, Crane Navel Surface Warfare Center, the project school, and wherever we are invited. Through the resources linked here, we hope to assist educators in adding these types of workshops to their own curriculum.
- Ready, Set, Robots! Camp - programming with Lego MindStorm® Robotics
- Fiber Optics and Laser Light
- Networking and Computing Concepts (No Guts, No Glory)