Cyberinfrastructure Assessment and Evaluation (CAE) plays the integral role of assessing how well PTI carries out its mission and serves its local and national constituencies. Following clear goals and key performance indicators, CAE collects data using various tools, scaling large and small, to administer interviews, focus groups, microsurveys, surveys, and longitudinal studies. CAE tailors assessments to gather the data each organization needs, and to comply with various university policies and federal regulations (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) around data privacy and other user agreements. The group then provides analysis of the data—and offers recommendations based on that analysis—to assist organizations in delivering outstanding value to their various stakeholders and improving their growth.
Program evaluation—backed by data—has become the norm for grand-scale NSF projects, stemming from the belief that a data-driven organization is a growing organization. In the current climate, when university budgets and national funding for the sciences are under constant scrutiny, evaluation is about far more than checking a box. When it’s used thoughtfully, data can assist organizations in making essential changes.
Cyberinfrastructure Assessment and Evaluation enables organizations to thrive through data-driven actions and decisions.
- Goals assessment
- Instrument design
- Assessment administration
- Data collection, processing, and analysis
- Compliance with organizational, university, and federal regulations
- Data-driven recommendations
- eXtreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE)
- PTI centers and labs
- IU UITS (enterprise-wide)
- Jetstream Cloud
- Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing (PEARC)
- Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC)
- IU Center for Survey Research