Get started on Carbonate
On this page:
- System overview
- Accounts, access, and user policies
- Programming environment
- Run jobs
- X forwarding and interactive jobs
- Application-specific help
- Get help
Following is a selection of IU Knowledge Base documents to help you get started using Carbonate. For additional documentation, search the Knowledge Base.
Accounts, access, and user policies
- Access Carbonate
- Your responsibilities as a computer user at IU
- Available access to allocated and short-term storage capacity on IU's research systems
- Work with research data containing PHI
- HPC Applications
- Use Modules to manage your software environment
- Carbonate software installation policy
- Compile programs on Carbonate
X forwarding and interactive jobs
- If you have a system-specific question, contact the High Performance Systems (HPS) team.
- If you have a programming question about compilers, scientific/numerical libraries, or debuggers, contact the UITS Research Applications and Deep Learning team.
For general questions about research computing at IU, contact UITS Research Technologies.
For more options, see Research computing support at IU.
Pervasive Technology Institute
PTI enables innovation through collaboration. This helps further IU's mission of research, education, and engagement—both in and beyond Indiana.
- Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research
- Crisis Technologies Innovation Lab
- Data to Insight Center
- Digital Science Center
- eLearning Research and Practice Lab
- HathiTrust Research Center
- National Center for Genome Analysis Support
- Cyberinfrastructure Integration Research Center
- UITS Research Technologies