ARCHIVED: Get started on Karst
On this page:
- System overview
- Accounts, access, and user policies
- Set up your user environment
- Run jobs
- X forwarding and interactive jobs
- Get help
Karst is Indiana University's high-throughput computing cluster. Designed to deliver large amounts of processing capacity over long periods of time, Karst's system architecture provides IU researchers the advanced performance needed to accommodate high-end, data-intensive applications critical to scientific discovery and innovation.
Accounts, access, and user policies
- Request an account
- Access Karst
- Your responsibilities as a computer user at IU
- Available access to allocated and short-term storage capacity on IU's research systems
- Work with research data containing PHI
Set up your user environment
- Use Modules to manage your software environment
- Change your login shell or your passphrase
- Compilers on Karst
- HPC Applications
- ARCHIVED: Queue information
- Lustre file systems at IU
- ARCHIVED: Specify IU's Lustre file systems for batch jobs on Karst
- ARCHIVED: Use TORQUE to submit and manage batch jobs
- Run jobs on Karst
- Monitor memory and CPU usage
X forwarding and interactive jobs
- If you have a system-specific question, contact the High Performance Systems (HPS) team.
- If you have a programming question about compilers, scientific/numerical libraries, or debuggers, contact the UITS Research Applications and Deep Learning team.
For general questions about research computing at IU, contact UITS Research Technologies.
For more options, see Research computing support at IU.
Pervasive Technology Institute
PTI enables innovation through collaboration. This helps further IU's mission of research, education, and engagement—both in and beyond Indiana.
- Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research
- Crisis Technologies Innovation Lab
- Data to Insight Center
- Digital Science Center
- eLearning Research and Practice Lab
- HathiTrust Research Center
- National Center for Genome Analysis Support
- Cyberinfrastructure Integration Research Center
- UITS Research Technologies